Get In and Get Going
Our community is better when we ride together. When you join a Vanpool, you join a group of five or more commuters sharing the ride to and from work in vans provided by RideFinders. The group includes a primary driver, a back-up driver, and riders who split the costs by paying a monthly fare. Primary drivers may receive a free or reduced fare while passengers enjoy a relaxing commute with time to read, talk, or nap.
Fuel and Wash: Vanpools receive fleet cards to cover the costs of car washes and fuel.
Insurance: Coverage is provided by RideFinders at or above statutory minimums for injury, property damage, and uninsured motorists.
Maintenance: RideFinders performs any maintenance, repairs, and inspections and provide a back-up van if needed.
Reporting: Drivers compile and submit daily vanpool mileage and ridership information to RideFinders every month.
Van Features: AM/FM stereo, power windows/locks, cruise control and front/rear air conditioning, heat, and defroster are standard on all vehicles. If needed, an ADA-accessible van is available on request.
Vanpool Fares: Riders pay a reasonable monthly fare that covers the total monthly operating costs, including:
- Lease: A fixed cost for all administration, insurance, and maintenance expenses based on monthly commute mileage.
- Fuel: A variable cost based on current fuel prices and number of visits to the gas station each month.
Check out the Vanpool Fare Chart to view the estimated monthly fare per rider based on commute distance and number of riders.
Join an Existing Vanpool
- If the match is good, complete a rider application provided by RideFinders or the primary driver and submit it here.
- Receive your monthly fare and a Vanpool Rider Agreement to complete, sign, and return to RideFinders as soon as possible.
- Upon approval of the agreement and after paying your monthly fare, RideFinders will inform you and the primary driver that you may begin riding.
Start a New Vanpool
- Call (314) 621-7433 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Vanpool Application Packet and free matchlist of potential commuters for your vanpool.
- Discuss the following with your potential riders:
- Who will be the primary and back-up drivers?
- What time will we leave for work and home?
- What will be our pick-up and drop-off points?
- How long do we wait for riders?
- Once you have compiled the Vanpool Application Packet materials for the primary driver, five riders, and at least one back-up driver, return the materials to RideFinders.
- On RideFinders’ approval of the primary driver and backup driver, and after paying your monthly fare, the new vanpool may begin as soon as the first weekday of the next month.